This healthy version of baked chicken cutlets is a favorite recipe for our household for years now (and I have picky eaters). You can change the flavors and spices to conform to your taste-even the different breadcrumbs used . If I use fresh bread I season it and stick it in the oven first, or you can use day old bread too!!
COOK TIME: 25 MIN
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 2 egg whites, whisked
- salt and pepper
- Reheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly pound the chicken breast cutlets to a uniform thickness. I like mine of the thin side, but any thickness will work as long as they are similar so they cook evenly.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and parsley. Set out in a shallow dish.
- Dip the chicken into the egg, letting excess drip off. Then dredge in the breadcrumbs. Set on a prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes until chicken is fully cooked, flipping halfway through.
Did you try this recipe? If so please comment below and post your pic on Instagram and tag me in it! I’m a Mom who loves to cook and stay healthy! I also wrote a book called Health & Wellness 101…click here to get your copy!!