Phyllo dough makes these eggrolls easy to roll—try with a side of Wiki Rice
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- 2 tsp ginger, minced (or ½ tsp dried)
- 2 tsp garlic, minced (about 2 cloves)
- 4 C cabbage (napa or Chinese), rinsed and shredded
- 2 C carrots, peeled and sliced thinly on an angle (julienned)
- 2 C grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips (about 4 small breasts)
- 1 tsp lite soy sauce
- 8 phyllo dough sheets
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
- Heat vegetable and sesame oils in a large wok or sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add ginger and garlic. Stir fry quickly, about 30–45 seconds.
- Add cabbage and carrots. Continue stir frying until the cabbage is soft, about 2–3 minutes.
- Add chicken and soy sauce. Toss well and heat through.
- Remove mixture from the pan, and place in a large colander to drain.
- To assemble eggrolls, cover layers of phyllo with a damp cloth to stay moist. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a cutting board
- Spray it lightly with cooking spray. Top with another layer of phyllo dough, and spray again.
- Repeat for a total of four layers.
- Prepare a second stack with the remaining four layers.
- Cut layered dough into four squares. Divide filling evenly (about 1 cup portions) into the center of each stack of squares.
- Fold one corner of the square into the middle (on top of the filling). Fold in the two sides, and roll the eggroll over so the folded parts are on the bottom.
- Place the rolls on a nonstick baking sheet, and bake for 15–20 minutes, or until brown and crisp and chicken is reheated. Serve immediately.
Did you try this recipe? If so please comment below and post your pic on Instagram and tag me in it! I’m a Mom who loves to cook and stay healthy! I also wrote a book called Health & Wellness 101…click here to get your copy!!
If you enjoyed this recipe Baked Eggrolls please retweet this recipe.