Add fruit to your meal with this heavenly, melt-in-your-mouth dish Baked French Toast Fritters with Apples and Bananas.
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread
- ¼ C creamy peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 apple, rinsed, peeled, cored, and sliced into 8 rings
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut into about 12 thin slices each
- 3 Tbsp egg substitute (or substitute 1 egg white)
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ C fat-free evaporated milk
- Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 ºF. Place a large baking sheet in the oven to preheat for about 10 minutes.
2. Assemble fritter as a sandwich, with ½ tablespoon of peanut butter on each slice of bread, and two apple slices and six banana slices in the middle of each sandwich.
3. Combine ingredients for the batter, and mix well.
4. Spray a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray.
5. Dip both sides of each fritter in the batter, and place fritters on preheated baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes on each side, or until both sides are browned. Serve immediately.
Did you try this recipe? If so please comment below and post your pic on Instagram and tag me in it! I’m a Mom who loves to cook and stay healthy! I also wrote a book called Health & Wellness 101…click here to get your copy!!