Courtesy of The Minimalist Baker
- 5 ounces (141g) soba noodles (substitute rice noodles if gluten-free)
- 1 cup (155g) shelled edamame
- 1 cup (128g) thinly sliced carrots
- 1 red bell pepper (119g), thinly sliced
- ½ cup (80g) snow or sugar snap peas, chopped in half
- ¼ cup (15g) chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup (30g) roasted salted cashews, chopped, plus more for serving
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 lime, sliced, for garnish
Cashew Ginger Dressing:
- ½ cup (128g) salted creamy cashew butter (or substitute almond or peanut butter—if unsalted, add additional soy sauce)
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) tamari or soy sauce, plus more for dressing the noodles
- ¾ tsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) maple syrup or agave nectar (or substitute coconut sugar)
- ½ lime, juiced (1 Tbsp or 15ml)
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil, plus more for dressing the noodles
- Hot water to thin
Cook the soba noodles according to package instructions. Then drain, rinse with cool water, and set aside.
While the noodles are cooking, prepare the vegetables. To cook the edamame, microwave for 1 minute, covered. Or add to a saucepan over medium-low heat with 1–2 Tbsp (15–30ml) water, cover, and cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
To prepare the dressing, combine all of the ingredients (except the water) and whisk. Then add enough hot water to thin into a pourable sauce (~2–3 Tbsp or 30–45ml). Taste and adjust the seasonings as desired.
To serve, add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss with 1 Tbsp (15ml) soy sauce and 1 tsp toasted sesame oil. Then add the desired amount of dressing and serve at room temperature or chilled. Serve with chili garlic sauce for added heat and a few more roasted cashews for garnish (optional).
Leftovers will keep covered in the refrigerator for 2–3 days, though best when fresh.
Did you try this recipe? If so please comment below and post your pic on Instagram and tag me in it! I’m a Mom who loves to cook and stay healthy! I also wrote a book called Health & Wellness 101…click here to get your copy!!