Try this family classic, made healthier with baked chicken and a yummy dipping sauce
- ½ tsp reduced-sodium crab seasoning (or substitute ¼ tsp paprika and ¼ tsp garlic powder for a sodium-free alternative)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp whole-wheat flour
- 12 oz boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cut into 12 strips
- 2 Tbsp fat-free (skim) milk
- 1 egg white (or substitute 2 Tbsp egg white substitute)
- 3 C cornflake cereal, crushed
- ¼ C ketchup
- ¼ C 100 percent orange juice
- ¼ C balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp deli mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
2. Mix crab seasoning, pepper, and flour in a bowl.
3. Add chicken strips, and toss well to coat evenly.
4. Combine milk and egg white in a separate bowl, and mix
well. Pour over seasoned chicken, and toss well.
5. Place crushed cornflakes in a separate bowl. Dip each
chicken strip into the cornflakes, and coat well. Place strips
on a nonstick baking sheet. (Discard any leftover cornflake
6. Bake chicken strips for 10–12 minutes (to a minimum
internal temperature of 165 ºF).
7. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by combining all ingredients
and mixing well.
8. Serve three chicken strips with ¼ cup dipping sauce.
Did you try this recipe? If so please comment below and post your pic on Instagram and tag me in it! I’m a Mom who loves to cook and stay healthy! I also wrote a book called Health & Wellness 101…click here to get your copy!!