Pumpkin Oatmeal is a great way to get a serving of whole grains and a yellow vegetable in the morning! Even the pickiest of eaters will love it!!
The pumpkin is a superfood and has 8 health benefits:
- Keep Eyesight Sharp
- Pumpkins Aid Weight Loss
- Pumpkin Seeds Can Help Your Heart
- Pumpkins May Reduce Cancer Risk
- Pumpkins Protect The Skin
- Pumpkin Seeds Can Boost Your Mood
- Pumpkins Can Help After A Hard Workout
- Pumpkins Can Boost Your Immune System
One cup of cooked pumpkin contains more than 11 milligrams, or nearly 20 percent of the 60 milligrams the IOM recommends women need daily. (Men should aim for around 75 milligrams.)
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3/4 cup milk, or as needed
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spicePumpkins Aid Weight Loss
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- Mix together oats and milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once. Add more milk or oats to achieve the desired consistency, and cook for another 30 seconds. Stir in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon sugar. Heat through, and serve.
Did you try this recipe? If so please comment below and post your pic on Instagram and tag me in it! I’m a Mom who loves to cook and stay healthy! I also wrote a book called Health & Wellness 101…click here to get your copy!!
If you enjoyed this recipe Pumpkin Oatmeal please re-tweet this recipe.