Makes 4 servings
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped (or use any color of peppers you prefer)
- 1 tsp. + 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- Spike Seasoning to taste (or use any all-purpose seasoning mix that you like the flavor of)
- fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- 12 links (about 10 oz.) turkey breakfast sausage links
- 1/2 cup low-fat Mozzarella, grated
- Preheat oven to 400F/.
- Spray a medium-sized baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cut away the stem part and cut out seeds of the red and green bell pepper and chop peppers into pieces about an inch across.
- Line up sausage on a cutting board and cut them into thirds. Put peppers into the baking dish, toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil, sprinkle with Spike Seasoning and fresh-ground black pepper, then add the sausages and stir to combine.
- Put the dish in the oven and bake 20 minutes, stir and cook for 20 minutes more.
- Remove from oven, turn oven to BROIL, sprinkle the grated Mozzarella over the sausage-pepper combination and put back in oven and broil 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese is nicely melted and starting to brown.
- Serve hot.
***This keeps well in the fridge, so don’t be afraid to double the recipe if you have a larger baking dish. I package mine in individual refrigerator dishes and heated about 2 minutes in the microwave the next morning.
Did you try this recipe? If so please comment below and post your pic on Instagram and tag me in it! I’m a Mom who loves to cook and stay healthy! I also wrote a book called Health & Wellness 101…click here to get your copy!!