Use leftovers from the Hawaiian Huli Huli Chicken to make this quick and easy weeknight meal
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced (about 2 cloves)
- 1 C no-salt-added diced tomatoes, with juice drained
- 4 C assorted vegetables (or a 1-lb bag frozen mixed vegetables)
- 2 C cooked brown rice
- 1 C cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- ¼ C sauce from Hawaiian Huli Huli Chicken
- 1 Tbsp lite soy sauce
- ½ Tbsp sesame oil
- Heat oil in a large wok or sauté pan.
- Add garlic, and cook over medium heat until soft, but not browned, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, and continue to cook until they become slightly dry, about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables, and cook until heated through, about 3–5 minutes.
- Add rice and chicken. Toss well, and cook until heated through, about 5–7 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil. Toss to incorporate, and serve.
Note: Substitute cooking spray for vegetable oil and save calories and fat.
This recipe is best prepared with leftover cold rice.
Did you try this recipe? If so please comment below and post your pic on Instagram and tag me in it! I’m a Mom who loves to cook and stay healthy! I also wrote a book called Health & Wellness 101…click here to get your copy!!