- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup (or regular)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons meringue powder (found at craft stores in the baking section)
- 6 tablespoons water
- 8 oz. fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- semi-sweet or dark chocolate grated or curled for topping
- 1 pie crust, Oreo crust, chocolate cookie crumb crust or graham cracker crust- baked and cooled
Melt both chocolates and the milk in a double boiler over low heat. Remove from heat and add the corn syrup and vanilla extract. Mix to combine and allow to completely cool.
With an electric mixer on high speed, beat the meringue powder with the water in a medium bowl until glossy peaks form 2-3 minutes. With a rubber spatula, gently fold the beaten meringue and the whipped topping into the cooled chocolate mixture until no streaks of white remain. Spoon into the prepared crust and spread evenly. Freeze until frozen, for a couple of hours. Garnish with grated chocolate or chocolate curls and serve.
Did you try this recipe? If so please comment below and post your pic on Instagram and tag me in it! I’m a Mom who loves to cook and stay healthy! I also wrote a book called Health & Wellness 101…click here to get your copy!!