- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, plus more if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more if needed
- oranges, zested and juiced
- 2/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker or pot with water or stock.
- When it’s finished, add orange juice and stir in orange zest.
- While the rice is still warm, add apricots, raisins, shallots, spices and salt and pepper.
- Add toasted pine nuts and parsley and fluff with a fork to combine the ingredients.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve hot, at room temperature, chilled or rewarmed in the microwave.
Did you try this recipe? If so please comment below and post your pic on Instagram and tag me in it! I’m a Mom who loves to cook and stay healthy! I also wrote a book called Health & Wellness 101…click here to get your copy!!