So fun to eat that your children won’t know it’s healthy too—try serving with Wow-y Maui Pasta Salad
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast,cut into 1-inch cubes (24 cubes) (about 2 large breasts)
- 1 C fresh pineapple, diced (24 pieces) (or canned pineapple chunks in juice)
- 8 6-inch wooden skewers
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp lite soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp orange juice
- 1 tsp garlic, minced (about 1 clove)
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
1. Preheat a broiler or grill on medium-high heat.
2. Thread three chicken cubes and three pineapple chunks alternately on each skewer.
3. Combine ingredients for sauce and mix well; separate into two bowls and set one aside for later.
4. Grill skewers for 3–5 minutes on each side. Brush or spoon sauce (from the bowl that wasn’t set aside) onto chicken and pineapple about every other minute. Discard the sauce when done with this step.
5. To prevent chicken from drying out, finish cooking skewers in a 350 ºF oven immediately after grilling (to a minimum internal temperature of 165 °F). Using a clean brush or spoon, coat with sauce from the set-aside bowl before serving.
Note: Skewers have sharp edges, so monitor younger children while eating, or take the chicken off the skewers for them. Children can help mix the sauce and thread the chicken and pineapple on the skewers.
Did you try this recipe? If so please comment below and post your pic on Instagram and tag me in it! I’m a Mom who loves to cook and stay healthy! I also wrote a book called Health & Wellness 101…click here to get your copy!!