Muesli is granola’s healthier and less-time-consuming cousin; you can make a big batch in a couple of minutes and enjoy it for the rest of the week. This is a bit different from overnight oats in that there is more emphasis on add-ins, including pumpkin seeds, cashews, coconut and sesame seeds. By mixing everything together the night before, you still have the convenience of the aforementioned with a bigger punch of nutrition and flavor.
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup rolled wheat
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 1/4 cups honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together wheat germ, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, cashews, almonds, coconut, rolled wheat and rolled oats.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix oil, honey and vanilla. Cook and stir just until the mixture is hot. Stir into the wheat germ mixture.
- Spread the mixture on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven, stirring approximately every 20 minutes, until golden brown.
Did you try this recipe? If so please comment below and post your pic on Instagram and tag me in it! I’m a Mom who loves to cook and stay healthy! I also wrote a book called Health & Wellness 101…click here to get your copy!!
If you enjoyed this recipe Muesli with Pumpkin Seeds please retweet this recipe.
If you enjoyed this recipe Awesome Vegan Pancakes please retweet this recipe.