This flavorful side dish goes well with chicken, beef, or lamb
- 1¼ C low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 1 C whole-wheat couscous
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp unsalted sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 medium orange, rinsed, for 1 Tbsp zest (use a grater to take a thin layer of skin off the orange)
1. Combine chicken broth and raisins in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Add couscous, and return to a boil. Cover and remove from the heat.
3. Let the saucepan stand for about 5 minutes, until the couscous has absorbed all of the broth.
4. Meanwhile, toast almonds in the toaster oven on a foil-lined tray for about 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Remove the lid and fluff the couscous with a fork. Gently mix in the mint, almonds, and orange zest. Serve immediately.
Did you try this recipe? If so please comment below and post your pic on Instagram and tag me in it! I’m a Mom who loves to cook and stay healthy! I also wrote a book called Health & Wellness 101…click here to get your copy!!