Makes 4 servings
3 Tbsp. vegan mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. adobo sauce (juice from a can of chipotle peppers)
1 Tbsp. refined coconut oil
1 pkg. firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/4-inch-thick rectangular slices
1 Tbsp. black salt (aka kala namak)
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 pkg. vegan bacon
2 large avocados, cut in half lengthwise and pitted
2 leaves butter lettuce
1 tomato, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, mix together the vegan mayo and adobo sauce. Set aside.
- Warm the oil in a small pan over medium heat. Season the tofu with the black salt and pepper. Add to the pan and fry on both sides until browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the vegan bacon until browned. Set aside.
- Carefully remove the skins from the avocado halves. Slice off a small portion from the bottom of two halves so that they lie flat (these will be the bottom “buns”).
- Top each with the mayo-adobo mixture, tofu, vegan bacon, lettuce, and tomato and onion slices. Place the remaining avocado “buns” on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Did you try this recipe? If so please comment below and post your pic on Instagram and tag me in it! I’m a Mom who loves to cook and stay healthy! I also wrote a book called Health & Wellness 101…click here to get your copy!!