Let family members help prepare the meal by choosing their own burger ingredients!
- 12 oz 99 percent lean ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 2 tsp dried)
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 C fresh tomatoes, rinsed and diced (or canned no-salt-added diced tomatoes)
- 1 C red onions, diced
- 1 C white mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
- 1 C part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
2. Arrange burger ingredients (tomatoes, red onions, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese) in separate bowls.
3. Ask each person to select ¼ cup total of his or her choice of ingredients. (You may have leftover ingredients after this step—keep or freeze for use in other recipes!)
4. Divide ground turkey into four parts on a plate.
5. Ask each person to combine his or her ¼ cup of burger ingredients with one portion of ground turkey and mix well to form a patty ½-inch to ¾-inch thick.
6. Brown burgers on a nonstick pan coated with cooking spray for 2–3 minutes on each side. Then, transfer burgers to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray and place in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes (to a minimum internal temperature of 165 °F).
7. Assemble burgers on buns, and serve.
8. Each “chef” can help set out the ingredients and make his or her own burger.
Did you try this recipe? If so please comment below and post your pic on Instagram and tag me in it! I’m a Mom who loves to cook and stay healthy! I also wrote a book called Health & Wellness 101…click here to get your copy!!