Not just a salad, but a delicious meal—try serving with crusty whole-grain bread
- 4 C red leaf lettuce, rinsed and chopped (about 8 leaves)
- 1 C frozen whole kernel corn, roasted (on a pan in the oven or toaster oven at 400 ºF for 7–10 minutes)
- 1 C carrots, shredded
- 1 tomato, rinsed, halved and sliced
- ½ ripe avocado, peeled and sliced*
- 1 C frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 can (6 oz) canned white albacore
- tuna in water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (or about 1 fresh lemon)
- 1 Tbsp lime juice (or about 1 fresh lime)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, rinsed, dried, and minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
1. Divide and arrange 2 cups of salad ingredients in each of 4 serving bowls.
2. For dressing, combine all ingredients and mix well. Spoon 2 tablespoons over each salad, and serve.
Tip: Look for an avocado that is slightly firm, but soft enough to be gently squeezed.
Note: Four ounces of fresh grilled tuna steaks, salmon, or shrimp can be substituted for the albacore tuna.
Did you try this recipe? If so please comment below and post your pic on Instagram and tag me in it! I’m a Mom who loves to cook and stay healthy! I also wrote a book called Health & Wellness 101…click here to get your copy!!