The best thing about this recipe is the veggies could easily be substituted to whatever suits your fancy. If you don’t like one of the vegetables in here.. add something else!
YIELD: 8 servings
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/2″-thick slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2″-thick slices
- 1 small bell pepper, seeded and cut into sixths
- 4 green onions, trimmed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 c. store-bought refrigerated pesto
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 c. packed fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat grill on medium-high. Cook spaghetti as label directs. Rinse, drain well and let cool completely.
- In large bowl, toss corn, squash, zucchini, bell pepper and onions with oil and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper until well coated. Grill corn, turning, 10 minutes or until charred in spots. Grill squash, zucchini and bell pepper 4 to 6 minutes or until tender and grill marks appear, turning once. Grill onions 2 minutes or until tender and slightly charred, turning occasionally.
- Into large bowl, from lemon, grate 1/2 teaspoon zest and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice. Whisk in pesto and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Chop squash, zucchini, pepper and onions; add to bowl with pesto. Cut kernels from cobs; add to bowl along with tomatoes, parsley and cooked pasta. Toss to combine. Serve at room temperature.
Did you try this recipe? If so please comment below and post your pic on Instagram and tag me in it! I’m a Mom who loves to cook and stay healthy! I also wrote a book called Health & Wellness 101…click here to get your copy!!
If you enjoyed this recipe Vegetarian Pesto Pasta please retweet this recipe.
Vegetarian Pesto Pasta