Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 11 mins
Total Time: 26 mins
Adapted from Joy of Cooking
Servings: 15 2 1/2″ cookies
1 1/4 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 teaspoons ginger
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons butter softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons molasses you will not get the dark brown color without this
1/8 teaspoon orange zest (optional, but good!)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl, with an electric whisk/beater combine the wet ingredients.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients while mixing until well combined. Stop and scrape the
sides of the mixing bowl if necessary.
5. Drop the cookie dough by the spoonful (I used a small scoop to make this job easy) onto a large ungreased
baking sheet. Flatten each cookie with the back of a spoon or with your fingers.
6. Bake until done all the way through, 10 – 13 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool and serve
Did you try this recipe? If so please comment below and post your pic on Instagram and tag me in it! I’m a Mom who loves to cook and stay healthy! I also wrote a book called Health & Wellness 101…click here to get your copy!!