Try this flavorful side dish with the Hawaiian Huli Huli Chicken or it’s perfect for a summer party!
- 2 C dry whole-wheat rotini (spiral) pasta (8 oz)
- 1 C fresh or frozen snow peapods, sliced thinly on an angle (julienned)
- ½ C cucumber, peeled and diced
- ¼ C carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 can (8 oz) pineapple chunks in juice, diced; set aside ¼ C juice
- ½ C fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
1. In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil
over high heat. Add pasta, and cook until tender, about
8 minutes. Drain, cool, and set aside.
2. In the meantime, place peapods in a microwavable dish,
add enough water to keep moist, and microwave for
1–2 minutes, or until warm.
3. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients together in
a separate bowl, and toss gently.
4. Add cooked pasta and peapods, and toss gently to coat
5. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for later use.
Did you try this recipe? If so please comment below and post your pic on Instagram and tag me in it! I’m a Mom who loves to cook and stay healthy! I also wrote a book called Health & Wellness 101…click here to get your copy!!